Skip to main content
The first time we made this rice was on a whim. We had leftover rice in the fridge to use up and just got lucky that we had the rest of the ingredients on hand to whip this together. Fired Crack Rice is now a weekly Sherman Cooker staple! The Sherman Cooker version of veggie fried rice has a distinct rustic flavor which can only be created by cooking over fire in a well-seasoned cast iron pan!
- 1 bag of frozen veggies (we use gold & white corn, carrots & asparagus)
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 TBS butter
- 6 cups of prepared (then cooled) white rice, such as jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 pound of cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- Fire up the Sherman Cooker to get a hot bed of coals established and a hot fire burning.
- Place a large cast iron skillet on the Cooking Grate to begin heating up
- Melt the butter in the cast iron skillet
- Add eggs and scramble
- Once the eggs are cooked, add the frozen vegetables
- Once the veggies have softened add the cooled white rice
- Mix in the soy sauce and sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Once the rice is nice and golden brown its ready to serve!
Subscribe to our newsletter to be updated with new recipes, promotions and information about new Original Sherman Cooker products and accessories.
Thanks for contacting us! We'll get back to you shortly.
Thanks for subscribing
Thanks! We will notify you when it becomes available!
The max number of items have already been added
There is only one item left to add to the cart
There are only [num_items] items left to add to the cart