Skip to main content
You can't go wrong with this classic campfire meal! We are suckers for recipes that can be made in one dish, can feed a lot of people and is kid approved. The sweet & savory combination of the bacon and brown sugar will leave everyone licking their dish clean!
- 2 large cans of Bush's baked beans
- 1 large white onion, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 package of bacon, chopped into bite sized chunks
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup of BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup grape jelly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fire up the Sherman Cooker to get a hot bed of coals established and a hot fire burning.
- In a large cast iron Dutch Oven add the onion, garlic and bacon. Cook until bacon is browned and the onions are clear.
- Add the baked beans and mini franks.
- Stir in the brown sugar, grape jelly, maple syrup, ketchup and BBQ sauce and mix well.
- Salt and Pepper to taste, if a little heat is wanted, add minced jalapenos.
- Place the Dutch Oven on the ground next to the Sherman Cooker (it will be hot enough, trust us!)
- Rotate the Dutch Oven periodically to evenly distribute the heat and stir.
- Serve after 10 minutes of a low simmer.
Subscribe to our newsletter to be updated with new recipes, promotions and information about new Original Sherman Cooker products and accessories.
Thanks for contacting us! We'll get back to you shortly.
Thanks for subscribing
Thanks! We will notify you when it becomes available!
The max number of items have already been added
There is only one item left to add to the cart
There are only [num_items] items left to add to the cart